When you least expect it, a legal problem can come out of nowhere and become the most overwhelming problem in your life. Knowing where to turn for help, however, can be difficult. Sometimes, you can find yourself bombarded with tasteless mailers or form letters and might even be tempted by a fixed low price. All with no guarantee of result or outcome. No matter what kind of issue you are dealing with, it is important to work with a lawyer who cares as much about solving your problem quickly as you do. Your lawyer should make your life easier, not harder.
At the Law Office of David A. Wijewickrama in Waynesville, we will treat your problem like our own. With more than a decade of experience serving the people of western North Carolina, we know the law and we know what works. Let us help you find a solution that meets your needs.
In addition to a decade of successful legal experience, David A. Wijewickrama was involved in a serious car accident many years ago and is the child of divorced parents. In many situations, he knows exactly what his clients are going through because he has been there before. This makes him an exceptional legal advocate in personal injury and family law.
What We Do
We handle all types of legal matters, including:
- Serious personal injury matters: We help victims who suffered permanent injuries in motor vehicle wrecks and other serious accidents, as well as those who lost loved ones in a wrongful death.
- Family law issues: We can guide you through a divorce, address marital affairs and assist you in seeking emergency child custody, grandparent custody actions, alimony, adoptions or termination of parental rights.
- State and federal employment law matters: We protect the rights of employees throughout western North Carolina and know how to navigate complex oral or written contracts to make sure you and your family are protected and treated fairly.
- Fair debt collection issues: We can help end harassing phone calls from creditors and ensure your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Act are protected.
- Cherokee Indian law: David A. Wijewickrama is certified to practice Cherokee Indian law. He handles all types of legal matters for the Cherokee community, including family law, personal injury and complex civil litigation matters, ranging from contract disputes with the EBCI to land closings and simple contracts.
- Contract law: We draft contracts as well as challenge and defend contracts that are subject to breach of contract litigation.
- Property law: We handle all types of property disputes, including those involving evictions, easements, errors in deed and property lines.
We Understand The Needs Of Law Enforcement
In addition to a successful civil practice, David A. Wijewickrama is an FOP referral attorney who represents law enforcement in critical incidents. He is a critical incident responder for officers involved in shootings and currently represents the Yancey County Sheriff's Office and the Haywood County Sheriff's Office. He formerly represented the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office and the North Carolina Troopers Association. He has a unique understanding of the laws that impact police officers in our state from a personal, professional and employment standpoint.
We Make Timely Communication A Priority
Sadly, lawyers have a reputation for being difficult to reach and not returning phone calls. David's office strives to provide you with a different experience at their firm. We make communication with our clients a priority because you deserve to know what is going on in your case at all times.
When you work with us, you will receive quality guidance and sincere compassion from David and our paralegal Kasey. They truly care about helping you resolve your problem and will keep you informed as we work toward a solution.
Confidentiality, Honesty, Integrity
It's very important to be upfront and honest with your attorney, as he has that obligation with the Court. All communications are confidential except those involving potential death or serious harm or a child that could be in harm's way.
In order to receive quality representation, it is critical that you are honest and upfront no matter what the facts or circumstances. If clients aren't upfront with their attorney there exists a serious possibility for a negative or bad outcome in their case. David also reserves the right to terminate representation if he later discovers a client was dishonest with the facts of their case.
Meet With Us In An Initial Consultation
In an initial consultation, we will listen to your concerns, learn more about your legal issue and begin working on a resolution. To schedule an appointment, call us at 828-283-0068 or send us an email.